or CLICK HERE to reserve in advance
Looking for a family attraction while visiting Ely, Minnesota, gateway to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA)? Take a lake cruise with licensed pilot Emily Wahlberg aboard her friendly pontoon boat!
Relax in comfort as Emily shows you the beauty and historical sites of Burntside Lake. Boat rides are a little over two hours long, scheduled daily by appointment (depending on wind and weather), and depart from historic Burntside Lodge. The maximum group is usually about 11.
Tour Highlights include:
- History of Burntside Lake
- Retracing early logging activities
- Geological history of the area
- Some original summer homes
- Sigurd Olson's Listening Point
- Burntside Lodge (placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the U.S. Department of the Interior)
- Bull of the Woods - sunken boat in Hoist Bay
- Indian Island, still home to Burntside Ojibwa families early in the twentieth century
- And more...!
About Burntside Lake